Two Videos worth a Watch

|
I like hard preaching.  Maybe it's all I've grown accustom to in the last 10 years, but I've grown to like getting my pride pulled out, my butt kicked and walking to the car with my tail between my legs and realizing by the time we're half way home, that yes I'm a sinner, but Jesus loves me.  I'm forgiven and His people were made to glorify Him.  He loves me in spite of my sin, but He will continue to refine me.

Our preaching pastor does this at least once a week, and the other place I get a good butt kicking is from listening to Matt Chandler sermons of the The Village Church in Dallas.  He's funny.  He's real.  He preaches Jesus. 

Last week he had surgery on his brain to remove a tumor.  The video was taped a couple of days before the surgery and it's humbling to say the least.  It's amazing to see God's glory in his circumstance.  It's a place where maybe I'll be one day.....completely willing to allow God to do anything to me or my family, so that His glory will be known. 

The other video is simply, because I like it.  Each time I listen to it, I get tears in my eyes.  We're all that rose that's falling apart and wilted and Jesus wants us.  He loves us that much. 




3 comments:

Pastor Debbie said...

How is Matt doing? Have you heard anything? Wow, powerful speaker. Thanks for bringing him to my attention!

sunnyrock said...

He's doing well. The report from the pathologist hasn't come back yet, but he'll be in the hospital for a couple of weeks for therapy after the surgery. But it seems doctors are hopeful. That's just the update from the church.

Faith said...

He is such a great teacher; I heard him speak at the catalyst conference in Atlanta - powerful!

Thanks for sharing :)